Michelle's Crazy World

Welcome to my crazy life as a Lover, Mother, and Friend of my huge family.

Monday, March 30, 2009

UGGGGHHHH

To start out I just wanna say whoever said Sunday is a day of rest is sooo wrong!!! To me Sunday's are my most hard and busy days. I get up in the morning make the kids breakfast, fight with them for 2 hours to shower and start getting ready for church. I get myself ready do all 3 girl's hair and dress them. Fight Brayden to shower and to then to get out of the shower cause he will sit there under the water for 45 mnutes. Fight Brayden to get dressed. Finally get out the door for 1:00 pm church. Wrestle with all 5 of my kids during Sacrament meeting to where I feel like I am in a Boxing Ring. Finally get church done with and finished get home at 4:15ish and constantly get yelled at cause we are all starving and what is for dinner and when is dinner going to be done?? While Jeff and the boys sit on the couch and watch sports after they change out of their clothes. By the time I can change and sit down it is almost 7:00 and I am totally exhausted!! This has been my Sunday ever since January. So yesterday when the kids put me thru this I totally blew up at all of them while making dinner and screamed and yelled at them anytime they asked me when dinner was going to be done. As I look back on it today I am one of the meanest mom's in the world!! Ask Lexi she will totally back me up! Andrew finally helped me cook dinner last night and Lex asked if she could help. I already had CC crying at my feet the whole time and so I told her no. She stomped out of the kitchen saying "everybody hates me and never wants me to help them" I felt horrible then to top it off CC was trying to carry glass plates on the counter to the table and I yelled at her not to touch. She ran off crying saying " Mom you really hurt my Heart, you are making my heart hurt so bad." So needless to say today I am in a horrible mood and feel like the worst mom EVER!! I even threw a fit cause Jeff needed my car today cause he can't drive his until we can find parts to fix his arm that holds the tire on the truck. I yelled at him for no reason when I should of just been understanding and loving. Which after 4 hours I did call and apologize to him. I am just so use to my Monday routine of driving Baylee to school and then going and helping in Brayden's class with math facts before I have to do all my carpool pickups. Sorry if I am rambling but this is my way to vent as this is my way of journaling. Hopefully tonight I can make it up to them when I take them to Classic Skating for family fun night for their school. Then maybe they will forgive and forget. That's one great thing about kid's they don't hold grudges for too long. I do love all of you even when I am in one of my moods. Please forgive me for being a horrible mother this week.

6 comments:

Anna said...

We all have our moments and that does not make us horrible parents. :)All those things you do for your family just shows what a loving, kind, caring mother you are. And sometimes, even the best moms in the world need a break. Don't be to harsh on yourself, you are a wonderful mother.

Julie said...

You are one of those people that can do anything and everything that is placed before you and do them all with perfection. Give yourself a break.

Everyone freaks out and gets frustrated that while you are working your butt off your husband does not feel any inclinging to get off the couch and do anything.

You are a great person and a great mom. Today is a new day, forget yesterday (or Sunday). Can you tell I have had this conversation with myself a few times!

Unknown said...

aww michelle, not to worry, I am the meanest mom in the whole world, not only do I scream and yell, I also make them clean their own rooms. hehehe, All I can say is thank goodness we get to start fresh every day, and that kids forgive and forget quickly!

Cynthia said...

Awhh. Don't beat yourself up. You'd have to beat ME out for meanest Mom ever and I have 3 kids who can back ME up on that one!

I don't love Sundays either when we go to Church. Sad to say it but if I want a beautiful, peaceful day of rest the best way I've found to get it is to skip church. Yeah. I know. I'm bad but I at least get some beautiful Sundays out of the deal.

It doesn't matter what time Church is scheduled, it's always hard to get that many people dressed, fed and where they need to be. You are doing the best you can and you're a great Mom. The only horrible parents are those who don't think they are. We all second guess ourselves.

Chad said...

I always thought that Sunday's were the busiest days also... Football is on 2 channels, NBA basketball sometimes, Catching highlights from the week of baseball games... There just is not enough time.

Unknown said...

Oh Chel, I was feeling this way ALL week long, then I realized I hadn't taken my Prozac. LOL. It is SO hard to be the perfect mother when we have SO much on our plates.

You are such a good mom. I know that! I am so jealous of the things you do for your kids. I know they know you love them...and for the record, one o'clock church blows.