Michelle's Crazy World

Welcome to my crazy life as a Lover, Mother, and Friend of my huge family.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

4th Grade Field Trip

Brayden's class got to go to the Historic Veterans Museum in Lehi today for a field trip for School. It was soo much fun!! I have never been here before so I thought it would be lame once I saw the word Veterans but it was a lot of fun. The kids were mixed up into 8 groups from all 3 classes so I didn't get to be in charge of Brayden's group cause another mom dibbed that group but I got to go with some other kids in my neighborhood we had a blast!!



This is a sign that was at the front desk as we walked in, I tried to get Brayden to stand by it but he wouldn't he didn't think it was very funny! While we were there we got to learn about all different things, like rocks and minerals, we got to do a lot of hands on things, also. They got to make pictographs by scratching symbols and pictures into a pottery stone. They got arrested and put in jail, they were offered dead crickets that had flavoring on them like bacon and Cheddar, or sour cream and onion. Only half of the kids in my group would try it I even had a girl who tried to be brave and taste it but I had to run her to the bathroom so she could puke after it hit her tongue. No way would I even try it the kids tried to get me to but NO WAY was I going to! They got to rub buffalo skin with a indian made knife to make it into cloth for a tepee. And a lot of other things. So much to name!!

At the end of the field trip one of the guys that worked there decided to give us a treat and he brought out 4 very beautiful and awesome birds. He brought out a Falcon, a Hawk, and Owl and a Golden Eagle. This is the Eagle. It was so beautiful!! When it tried to fly out of his arms its wing span was so wide and pretty!! The kids loved it!! Brayden is still talking about all the fun he had today. They were saying that they are doing a Night at the Museum where everything comes to life coming up in February, so I am seriously thinking of taking the kids to it. It sounds like so much fun.

4 comments:

Stacie said...

That field trip sounds really cool. If you end up finding out about the night at the museum, let me know, I think my boys would love that too.

Julie said...

Me too!

Anna said...

How fun! I always loved Field Trips like this one when I was in school and I still do. Few months ago we took Vik to Thanksgiving Point Museum of Ancient Life and he loved it very much. Especially the part at Erosion Table, playing with water and sand and little dinosaurs.

Unknown said...

I seriously want to be just like you and be a PTA mom and do field trips. I wish my mom had been able to do these kinds of things with us. You are such a rockstar! Sounds like such a fun time, and totaly not what the name lead us to believe it was. Tee hee.