Michelle's Crazy World

Welcome to my crazy life as a Lover, Mother, and Friend of my huge family.

Friday, January 30, 2009

Refelctions Contest is now over for Us!!

We were able to go to the District level Reflections contest last night for the painting that Baylee painted. We had 6 kids move on from our school Heartland Elementary. While we were sitting there thru the hour and 15 minute thing none of the kids at our elementary school or the 4 surrounding elementary schools around us got to move on to State. Totally sucked!! Baylee was so dissapointed that she didn't get to move on to state that we had to take her out to Applebees with just Daddy and mommy. We had so much fun with her one on one that we decided to take a kid out by themselves every other week so they can have alone time with us and so we can spoil just them and only them for that night. Another boy Jacob in our neighborhood that is in Brayden's class his didn't get to move on either and he was devistated he was so cute while they were calling out the photography winners he sat with both his fingers crossed the whole time!! When they were finished he just put his head down and cried. It made me so sad for him. When 3-D art came up the little boy in Baylee's class Kyson he was dissapointed also that his didn't get to move on either. It was sad to see that even at 5 how dissappointed these kids get and that they do realize it was a big deal to get as far as District level. I told Baylee there is always next year and she is already thinking of something that she could paint.

Here is a picture of Jeff and Baylee enjoying their Shrimp and Parmesan Steak!! Baylee of course ordered a corn dog but once she saw mine and Jeff's shrimp and steak she ate off of both of our plates instead of hers. You think we would learn by now not to order what she says she wants and just let her share with us cause it happens all of the time!! We had to stop at the grocery store afterwards to pick up some milk for the kids and of course Baylee batts her eyes and daddy gives in and buys her a treat so she picked out a PEZ dispenser like she doesn't have enough of those but she was soo sweet and asked him if she could buy a pack of refills also so her brothers and sisters could have some too. Her siblings were very grateful cause daddy can never say no to Baylee.

3 comments:

Anna said...

That really sucks but I am sure she will get to move on to State next year. She is a talented little artist.

Unknown said...

What a sweetheart. Elementary is hard. I remember many years losing Reflections and my heart hurt each time. I made it all the way to State in high school and I still bowed my head and cried when I didn't win. :( Tell Baylee to keep at it, she will do great things.

Also, I LOVE that you are taking your kids out by themselves. I have been doing that with my kids and it makes all the difference for them and for me. I think they are just so different alone aren't they? You are an amazing mother and a great example to me. Thanks Shelly!

John'swife said...

Hey Michelle,

That is great that she did as well as she did. I am very impressed.

Questions - how did you add your music widget on your side tab. I have my code... but I can't figure out how to get it on my page...

Angie Stephens