Michelle's Crazy World

Welcome to my crazy life as a Lover, Mother, and Friend of my huge family.

Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas

Christmas was a blast!!!! We spent Christmas Eve with Jeff's family.. We had soup bowl night and just hung out and opened presents. The kids all had a lot of fun playing with their cousin's.. On Christmas day we got up at 8:00 when the kids finally woke up and we spent the morning playing with their presents.. Then at 11:45 we started our drive to my mom's house in Riverton. All was well till we hit 9800 south and had to kick it in 4 wheel drive. We almost got ourselves stuck trying to help an elderly man and his wife who was stuck in the deep snow. By the time we made it in to my parents neighborhood on 11925 south the snow was up to our knees when we got there. It took forever for all of my brother's and sister's to get there!! We finally were able to eat and at 3:00 when we started to open presents the power went out. So we had to pull out the lanterns and flashlights and do everything in the dark.. We left to go to my grandmas at 6:00 and it was so funny me and my dad were asked to cook a pizza dip and spinach artichoke dip for my grandma's and her house is older and when we went to use her gas oven, in order to keep the door shut we had to use a mop and wedge it up with the table to hold the door shut, We had a good laugh about that. Not only was it interesting cooking but we seemed to be bad luck and brought the storm to her house with us. It was snowing so bad when we had to head home. Thank goodness I drove with my dad in his truck we were able to get home without sliding all over the place. Thanks dad.... I really didn't want to drive in that by myself with my 3 oldest. I feel safer with you driving in that bad weather than trusting myself.

We still had a fun Christmas and because of the storm we were able to pull out the wheelers and sled around the neighborhod for 2 days with friends and neighbors. The kids had a ball and so did all of us!!!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Thanks so much for sharing the 4 wheelers, my kids and Jason had a blast!