Michelle's Crazy World

Welcome to my crazy life as a Lover, Mother, and Friend of my huge family.

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Ginger Bread Night

Last night was soo much fun!!! My mom decided to do a family soup night and after dinner we as families had to each decorate a Gingerbread House. All of us and our kids had to help even the little ones. All of the kids had so much fun!!! I even think the adults had more fun then the kids. We never as kids got to do this around Christmas time so all of my brothers and sisters really enjoyed doing it.


Here is a picture of our family in the process of decorating our house. We decided to make ours into a log cabin so the boys would put pretzels on the sides while Jeff glued the house together. The girls were decorating trees with candy while they did that part. I think Baylee and Ciarra ate more candy then they actually decorated. Every time you looked at them they were popping candy in their mouths.




This is our finished project. We used Marshmellow popcorn for the grass and the trees. Gumdrops for the flower beds beneath the trees and gummi worms for our curbing. In the back of the house is a pond with fish swimming in it, and to the side of ou r house is a couple of buck's and doe's grazing in the grass. And of course mounted on the front of the house is our Buck head. And all the red hots on the house is Jeff's Christmas lighting. I think he had more fun then the kids did for sure. He is the one that got all creative making deer bodies.
Here is a few of the other houses that were made. Two of my siblings left before we could get a picture of theirs so here are the ones that we got so far.



This is my brother Ryan and Ami's and their daughter Kenlee's House.




This is my sister Stacy's kids she had to work so she couldn't make it but Trina, Rick, Skyler and Walker decorated it on their own. Great Job guys!!!

This is my brother Jon and Jami's and their 3 kids Jordan, Jessika, and Jakob did this one. As you can see he had to have a huge pond and stream just like his backyard at home. Jeff made them deer also to go along with their house.

And last but not least this is my mom and dad's house they only had themselves to decorate and when we left at 9:30 last night dad was still decorating it so when I go on Christmas I will get a picture of their masterpiece. My brother Jason, and Sister Jill left before I could get a picture of theirs but theirs turned out really cute also. We decided that we need this to be a tradition for now on!!!

3 comments:

Anna said...

Hi Michelle,
Thank you so much for a Christmas card, your kids are all grown up and beautiful. What an awesome ginger bread house.

Julie said...

What a fun tradition. We do cookies and that is messy enough with all the grandkids. Your mom is a lot bravier than mine!

Unknown said...

Oh my, this looks like so much fun. I miss your parents. I wish they would adopt me! The soup sounds divine. The houses looked great!