Michelle's Crazy World

Welcome to my crazy life as a Lover, Mother, and Friend of my huge family.

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Jeff's Christmas Hobby!!!

My husband is worse than a little kid at Christmas time. So here is Jeff's hobby for the holidays.



My Neighbor told me I should post pictures of Jeff's hobby at Christmas Time on my blog so

here is some pictures of Jeff's favorite holiday and
how crazy he gets doing it. We have decorated our house with lights for the past 10 years that we lived here and each year he adds something new. Even when we lived in our duplex apartment he still had our whole side decked out in lights. I guess it keeps the kid in all of us alive. Our kids get so excited every year when November comes and he starts putting up his lights. It takes a long time on to put all of them up but it is totally worth it to see the excitement all of our kids get when this time of year comes. The pictures aren't that great cause my Camera sucks so hopefully we can get some better pics and post them. Better yet drive by and see for yourself. Jeff is in charge of decorating the outside and I am the inside with the exception of his Christmas

Village. I am not allowed to do that only he is. Around Christmas time we take the padding off of our window seats and display our village there.
We buy a new piece every year since we have been married to add to this also. The kids love it. It gives the house such a peaceful feel with the fiber optic lights and the waterfalls that play to the music on one of the houses. I couldn't get the whole thing in one picture so here is two shots of that. I still missed some of it with only the two shots.




As for the rest of the house I get free reign. I will
post pictures the rest of the house to the side of my bolg post. We wait all year just for this time of year. The thing that excites our family the most about Christmas is the decorating, seeing the lights, and listening to Christmas Music. This year our family has done 4 service projects to help those in need. The kids all loved participating in the food drive for Colby's Eagle project they were trying to take everything out of my pantry to help with that. Then we painted kids wood blocks for the Shriner's Hospital. My sister in law had to paint 400 blocks. So we as a family craft night at my moms painted abc's and dice and all different things on the blocks so that the children up there could enjoy them for Christmas. Lexi loved helping do that. Andrew, Jeff and I also were able to help tie quilts for Primary Children's Hospital for Chase's Eagle project. Our ward for relief society enrichment combined with the ym and yw were able to tie 36 quilts in 2 1/2 hours that night. And this Sunday Me and Jeff are so excited cause we get to go with Charri and Evan Jensen and my brother and his wife to deliver the Tree's that people bought from the festival of Tree's this year. Jeff went last year and he said it was the coolest experience he has had. So I am so excited to get to go this year since I got a sub for my primary class. This time of year even though we don't have a lot of money this year to buy the kids what they want. I still feel so blessed already. As long as we have love, family and friends what more do you need. And I am so glad my kids are understanding that early in their lives. I am so blessed to have such great kids they have already told us they don't care what they get this year even if it is a little rinky dink toy.

7 comments:

Kristen said...

Michelle I just love you!!! Your cute crazy husband is awesome to do his decorating and you are just the cutest, sweeting thing! Merry Christmas!!

Chad said...

All this and you didn't even join us for the Clark Griswold experience of cutting down your own tree?! You missed out.

Julie said...

We love your house. Brittney has already asked to drive by. We love to have Griswalds for friends!

Andrea said...

I love to drive by your house. It's kind of funny because it really does light up the whole street.

The Gatherum Family said...

I have to say I miss the JENSEN'S LIGHT DISPLAY! Hey, can you email your address? I want to send a Christmas card...amgatherum29@gmail.com. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! I love it :> You're kids are so cute! I can't wait until Jase (and possible future siblings) grow up and can help me decorate! This year, I just have to make sure he doesn't pick all the ornaments off our tree and give them to the dog to eat! HAHA
Happy Holidays :>

John Cena's Girl said...

Your house is AMAZING and I love it. Especially the dolphin...remember you might want to stick it in the ground extra tight so nobody can take it. Haha and your kids are so cute. I love them to death. Especailly your girls. love you smelly shelly